- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySpend an island hideaway at Loon's Loft. Savor the delight of this wonderfully decorated studio penthouse located on the third floor at the Boyette Condos. From the interior dining area, you can get a modest glimpse of Silver Lake Harbor in the distance.
Located within walking distance to Silver Lake Harbor, Ocracoke Lighthouse, eateries, stores and galleries. This single story end unit offers a outdoor space with cafe dining table, ideal for watching the world go by.
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath: Bedroom with Queen (no door), Queen Sleeper Couch in the living area. Hallway bath has a whirlpool tub.
The living area offers a treetop view over the huge front lawn and street beyond. Relish a astonishing kitchen with stainless steel appliances. The entryway offers a generous desk. The laundry room offers a full size washer and dryer. The bedroom is located at the end of the hallway and has no entry door.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access and cable TV with DVD. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
The exterior offers a covered outdoor space. The Boyette pool is a fashionable feature exclusively for visitors of the Boyette Condos. The non-heated Boyette Condo Pool is open April 15 through mid-October. Outdoor open COLD shower at poolside. Shared charcoal grilles available.
No Smoking. min. of 2 cars.
No Family Animals or Service Animals of any kind are allowed in this home. For information please visit our Guest Information “Vacationing with a Pet” on our website.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Third floor single story studio: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Queen Sleeper Couch in living area. Bedroom with Queen bed with no door. Entry entry with desk. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Room.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and rental homes provide Ocracoke area traveller discount magazines which include promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or through a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are the vacation dates changeable? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Several management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat individuals of the same rental. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a particular activity you are most anticipating during your stay? You'll get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be surprised to uncover how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping families with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, and any repairs and maintenance issues that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be happy to realize that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Searching for and booking the right vacation property:
Before you start to book "Loon's Loft: Wonderfully furnished condo centrally located. Pool.", examine our brief collection of points to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. To assure the very best selection of properties, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Select a Village and Time
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of organizing your trip is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes much easier.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Establish who is going, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you will need. Be mindful that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Determine the price for your preferred stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that each person understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents require a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your group trying to find? Do you want a rental home with patio lounge? Will the property need to be beachfront, downtown, or near restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental charge? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Do some members of your crew have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Most vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your companion! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines differ. Study your agreement carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are added.
Its Time to Search
After the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of comparable homes that suit your wishes and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best possibility of a reduced rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To assure no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the community. Residents often times live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow customers to provide comments. If the property and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you may want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. How did they feel about the rental? With some luck everything turned out to be outstanding and you are ready to re-book the rental for next year. If the property was not quite right, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Creekside Cafe - 0.0 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles