- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyLocated on Silver Lake Harbor, Pirate's Quay (pronounced 'key') is a 6 unit condominium with marvelous Harbor vistas from every unit! Centrally located and a brief walk to many stores and eateries, Pirate's Quay is the ideal getaway for a family holiday or couples hideaway.
Unwind on the outdoor space and relish the sea winds while you watch kayakers, boaters and occasional ferries arrive and depart Ocracoke Island. Pirate's Quay offers a front row seat to nightly displays of color as the sun sets slowly over Pamlico Sound. Pirate's Quay is a true holiday away from it all.
Adore this big two story condominium including a generous second floor master suite with whirlpool tub and separate shower. The first floor includes an additional two bedrooms, full bath and the acclaimed open floor plan with generous windows overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: This pretty three bedroom condo offers a second floor 1 bedroom suite with a Queen sized bed and private bath. The first floor offers 1 bedroom with a Queen sized bed and 1 bedroom with a Trundle bed - this pulls out to be 2 twins. One bedroom on the first floor. 2 Full Baths: both baths offer whirlpool tubs.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet service, 2 cable TVs, 1 DVD, 1 Blu-Ray DVD. Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Pack-N-Play.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. Interim maid service and shared laundry facility.
This condo has a modest outdoor space that overlooks Silver Lake Harbor and offers harbor and sunset vistas.
* Free deep water docking is available with each unit. Relish sunsets from the generous gazebo at the end of the dock even if you aren't bringing a boat it is still a great place to relax and watch the world go by. One boat per unit please. Fish cleaning bench and water service.
* Dock will be reconstructed for 2020 season. Completion is expected to be by Spring. Electricity will not be available on the dock.
Shared amenities include *covered and outdoor parking and a shared park style charcoal grille and outdoor shower.
No Smoking Permitted (including decks and stairwells). No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Trundle (2 Twins). Hallway bath with whirlpool tub/shower.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower.
Pirate’s Quay offers four covered parking spaces which are available on a first come, first serve basis. Additional parking is available across the street. To accept parking for all of our visitors we suggest one car per condo unit. Boat trailers should be parked off-site. Trailer parking is available via a complimentary permit at the National Park Service lot.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus offer promotional travel guide books with savings for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Want to stay away from the crowds and save cash? Off-peak times offer remarkable markdowns.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or repeat travelers to the same vacation home. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a certain experience you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? You'll get the best value from a rental which most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their clients an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed due to medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are shocked to learn the number of rentals are located in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting guests with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as routine service issues that may arise.
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you understand the vacation home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book a great vacation home:
Do you believe "Pirate's Quay 3 North: Incredible harbor views and sunsets. Docking." is the perfect rental property for your upcoming trip? Browse through this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking early. To guarantee the best selection of properties, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke rental Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Agreement can often be challenging between family members, but as soon as this tricky part is complete everything will begin to fall in place.
Choose a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Make a Budget
Many rentals are marketed with a price range. Determine the cost for your desired week. It might be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before booking an expensive rental home. One member of your group must be in charge of getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Vacation home Features
What home features is the group looking for? Do you simply desire a home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Are sheet sets offered with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Build a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Frequently the senior generation has challenges with stairways. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your best friend! Even though quite a few rental homes allow cats and dogs, rules and charges vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Be sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company might know of very similar properties that suit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Read through the whole agreement and make sure you are aware who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal rate, vacationers will have to pay local taxes when renting "Pirate's Quay 3 North: Incredible harbor views and sunsets. Docking.", in addition to any other fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should disaster strike.
After you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Get Contact Information
Don't forget to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you find damages, or if fixes are required get in touch with the home manager immediately. This can prevent disagreements during check out.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Often, surrounding properties are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay much more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make certain no property damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Most rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for renters to give feedback. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but sincere with regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Did they enjoy their vacation? Maybe everything turned out to be fantastic and you're happy to re-book the rental for your next vacation. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience that can help with another search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.1 miles
- Island Ragpicker - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Seafood Co. - 0.1 miles