Nothing beats an ice-cold beverage while relaxing on the beach. Nothing is worse than reaching for an icy drink and finding your cans swimming. Coolers are essential for family days on the sand. A good modern cooler will keep food and drinks fresh for days. In addition to beverages, fishermen rely coolers to keep bait fresh, and hopefully the catch of the day. Walk onto any beach or pier in North or South Carolina and you’ll see a plethora of cooler models and sizes. Cooler technology has advanced rapidly in modern years. Top-end hard-sided coolers can keep ice frozen for a week. Soft coolers are easier for one person to carry onto a beach, but can still keep food cool for days. Cooler materials and price points vary wildly, so we put together this guide with our recommendations for your coastal vacation.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyLocated within walking distance to Silver Lake Harbor, Ocracoke Lighthouse, eateries, stores and galleries. This two story end condo is comfortably located next to the Boyette Pool.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Master Bedroom with King, private bath with whirlpool tub/shower and private outdoor space with pool view. The second bedroom offers two Bunk Beds. Hallway bath has a shower and washer/dryer.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs with DVD. One additional TV with No Cable Service is available for viewing DVDs in the bunk room. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a first and second floor outdoor space. The Boyette pool is a outstanding feature exclusively for visitors of the Boyette Condos. The non-heated Boyette Condo Pool is open April 15 through mid-October. Outdoor open COLD shower at poolside. Shared charcoal grilles available.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
What's New: Coming Soon after Mid June 2020, Linens will be 1 King and 1 Queen Bunk Bed (Queen over Queen).
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub/shower. Bedroom with 2 Bunk Beds, TV/DVD. Hallway bath with shower stall and stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes provide Ocracoke area discount guides which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or by a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Is it possible to alter your vacation week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning individuals of the same rental home. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Some properties are basically designed to serve particular travelers, whether it's beachfront units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. You'll get the best value from a home which most thoroughly matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Advice
Many people are surprised to discover the number of properties are available in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an ideal getaway to suit their Ocracoke gang, from relaxing condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting vacationers with reserving, checking-in, house cleaning, as well as maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be happy to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Finding and reserving the right rental home:
Before you start to book "Dories Delight: Centrally located in the heart of the village. Pool.", go through our short checklist of factors to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. To assure the most desirable selection of properties, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke getaway Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Many groups choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Agreement can be tricky among family members, but once this tricky part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is going, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you should have. Keep in mind that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Check to make sure "Dories Delight: Centrally located in the heart of the village. Pool." fits your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving a costly rental property. Generally, just one person in the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
Rental Home Features
What home features is the family searching for? Do you just desire a property with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental home fee? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Appropriate accessibility could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies can vary. Type of pet, size and breeds may be controlled. Read your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Where to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. Your greatest opportunity for a lower rate is switching to an off-season week.
Study The Agreement
Read the complete agreement and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Property management companies and rental owners often offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should disaster strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your rental! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be useful.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Natives will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit travellers to offer reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work very hard to fix the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did they enjoy their rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. Maybe the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Creekside Cafe - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.0 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles