The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis opulent, reverse floor plan condominium is located in the heart of Ocracoke Village and close to many stores, activities, and eateries. Lots of windows to let in light and vistas from both the living and dining areas. Savor handsome sunsets and outdoor dining from the decorated screened porch. This condo is located one unit off Silver Lake Harbor.
This Ocracoke Island condo has two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed. Queen Sleeper Couch in living area. One full bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower and double sinks. A half bath is located on the second level.
Includes include 3 cable TVs, DVD, wireless internet access, central heat/AC and ceiling fans. Gas stove, dishwasher, microwave and washer/dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch with Adirondack chairs and dining table. Shared outdoor hot/cold enclosed shower and fish cleaning station.
No Family Animals. No Smoking. Parking Available for One Car.
No Boat Dockage Offered with this Condo.
Can’t stay an entire week?
This home is in the Stay Your Way program and can be reserved in advance with any arrival and departure date, your “mini holiday” is subject to a three nighttime minimum. Yes, even in the summer! Stay Your Way homes can be booked months in advance.
First Floor: Two bedrooms each with Queen bed and TV. Shared bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower stall. Hallway laundry closet with stackable washer/dryer.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with Queen Sleeper Couch and TV. Half bath.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties provide Ocracoke area traveller discount magazines which feature coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the property manager and the merchant itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Is it possible to alter your dates? The off-peak seasons frequently offer great rates on rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get financial savings. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly longing for ? If there's a particular Ocracoke atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke crew, from relaxing condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the best vacation property:
Before you start to book "Down Creek Condo 102: Luxurious, reverse floor plan, in the Village.", go through our brief collection of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rentals start booking very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. A lot of families plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick a Community and Date
Begin by deciding which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to explore, and the approximate travel dates.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you should have. Be aware that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Will your preferred rental property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before booking a pricey rental. A single member of your party must be given the task of gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group looking for? Do you want a rental with outdoor lounge? Does the property need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to restaurants? Will the unit have bicycles and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Proper accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the family traveling with a pup? Animal guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
Many internet resources exist to match clients with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide outstanding service..
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that better suit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read the Agreement
Read through the full contract and make certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should tragedy strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any necessary repairs. This will prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, surrounding homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental property to make sure you've packed all valuables.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Most rental management company sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for positive reviews. If something was disagreeable and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point in your review.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did they enjoy their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation rental. If not, you have acquired invaluable experience that will help with your next search.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.0 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.0 miles
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.0 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.2 miles