Once you have your coastal recreational fishing license in hand, it’s time to start thinking about gear. Anglers will find tons of options when it comes to equipment for casting into the surf, from custom designed rods and reels at local tackle shops, to name brand varieties that are designed for multiple areas along the coastline. Here are just a few of the most popular gear options for surf fishermen. Keep in mind that there are endless options available, and your local bait and tackle store staff will be happy to point you in the right direction if you have any questions about what you’ll need for successful surf fishing in any given area along the North Carolina coastline.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Video Library
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property3 story pastel orange with white trim beach home newly redone. Sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by ferry boat or plane . Everything in the home is new finishings. Private entrance, there are no shared spaces, from the side entry door to a common corridor to your private space. The only other living space on this floor is my private space which is completely separated by a common corridor. Your unit offers a private kitchenette and bath. All private and located within the unit. Constructed as well with new tile and wood floors. Big rooms, full length tile porch (30 feet long) with fans and view of lighthouse, harbor, and water of course. Multiple doors to accept sea wind everywhere.
Jeep use is complimentary to visitors when available for brief excursions if experience demonstrated.. To take on the beach requires full prior experience with driving on the soft beach sand and demonstrated stick 4x4 experience. (My only wheels on this island is not the place to learn because it is my only set of wheels here) ... Dog not supplied :) ** Driver is 100% responsible for any damages, breakdowns, or towing which is then tied to your security deposit if you drive it.
Bicycles, golf carts and other 4x4 cars available for rent just across the street if you're interested.
**(the listed rate covers 2 visitors, there is a fee for any addition persons. Childrens under 12 are complimentary though. Family Animals fee also applicable depending on the unit you rent if they are allowed and not more than 35lbs. limited 2, and must be marked at renting page. ** ANY of this not marked and paid for at the point of renting, I reserve the right to cancel the renting at the point of check in without refund. All visitors are personally met in person prior to check in )
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials bought and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances bought this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed and the home sits within walking distance to it all.
Important for visitors to contact owner by cell phone supplied, the morning of check in date to establish the check in time.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and vacation houses supply Ocracoke area travel discount magazines that feature deals, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental search.
- In a position to modify your trip week? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer terrific rates on rental accommodations.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies provide price reductions to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of vacationers. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. If there's a particular Ocracoke activity you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider investing in trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed due to health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Home Advice
Many people are shocked to learn how many properties can be found in their area of interest. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to select a property that meets their desires and spending plan.
The vast majority of rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property owners frequently choose management companies to assist with promoting and marketing, house cleaning and maintenance.
We've constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Before you start to book "Beachside Condo East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available.", go through our short checklist of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months prior to your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Select your Area and Travel Week
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of planning your trip is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes simpler.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Establish who is traveling, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Remember that that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. If not, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Many vacation homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred week. It could be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before reserving an expensive rental. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you primarily desire a property with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, in town, or close to night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home charge? Build a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Occasionally the senior generation has trouble with stairways. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Do not forget to include your best friend! While quite a few vacation homes permit canine companions, rules and costs fluctuate per rental. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match guests with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Aside from having exclusive properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Contract
Read through the whole agreement and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard fee, vacationers will have to pay state taxes when booking "Beachside Condo East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available.", in addition to various other additional fees which might be required depending on their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Property management companies and property owners often offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
Once you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings. This will prevent disagreements during checkout.
- You might need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Please be respectful of the community. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. If it is possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Most rental management companies and rental home sites allow travellers to provide feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but sincere with regards to stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the problem.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to re-book next year? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. If the rental property wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.0 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.0 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.0 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.0 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.1 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.1 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.0 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles