The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Lawn / Garden
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Video Library
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property3 story pastel orange with white trim beach home freshly redone. Sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by boat or plane which I have one of each. Everything in the home is new finishings. Private entrance from the right side entry door to a common staircase to your 2nd floor unit. The only other living space on this floor is my private space which is thoroughly separated by a common corridor. Your unit offers a private kitchenette and bath. All private and located within the unit. Constructed as well with new tile and wood floors. Enormous rooms, full length tile porch (30 feet long) with fans and view of lighthouse, harbor, and water of course. Multiple doors to accept sea wind all through.
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials bought and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances bought this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed and the home sits within walking distance to it all.
Important for visitors to contact owner by cell phone supplied, the morning of check in date to establish the check in time.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes supply Ocracoke area promotional magazines which include money-saving promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local store itself. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to change your trip week? Shoulder seasons special offer terrific offers.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are primarily designed for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity which you just love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers tend to be surprised at the range and wide range of short term properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to select a rental home which fits their desires and spending plan.
Virtually all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and practical knowledge to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental homes, however most novices will be happy to discover that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Finding and booking the best rental property:
Do you believe "East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available." is the best vacation property for your next trip? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Many families plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be challenging among family, but once this tricky part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Check to make sure "East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available." works with your price range *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, be certain that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. One member of your company must be given the task of getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, downtown, or near night life? Does the unit have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Special Factors to consider
Commonly the older generation has trouble with staircases. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Remember to include your furry family members. While a number of vacation rentals allow dogs and cats, rules and charges vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Study your agreement carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
After the area, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental home management companies. In addition to having exclusive rental properties, local companies offer you superb service..
When you have found your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation home management companies and property owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Get Contact Details
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages right after you arrive. We also advise promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any required repairs.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Tidy up a little. Even when you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The rental should be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks filled with dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied prior to leaving.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to be certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for renters to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was unacceptable and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Did everyone have a great time? With a little luck everything turned out to be wonderful and you are all set to re-book the rental for next year. If not, you've gained valuable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.0 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.0 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.0 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.0 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.1 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.1 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.0 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles