- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Lawn / Garden
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Video Library
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property3 story pastel orange with white trim beach home freshly remodeled. Sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by ferry boat or plane . Everything in the home is new finishings. Private entrance, there are no shared spaces, from the side entry door to a common corridor to your private space. The only other living space on this floor is my private space which is thoroughly separated by a common corridor. Your unit offers a private kitchenette and bath. All private and located within the unit. Constructed as well with new tile and wood floors. Generous rooms, full length tile porch (30 feet long) with fans and view of lighthouse, harbor, and water of course. Multiple doors to accept sea wind everywhere.
Jeep use is complimentary to visitors when available for brief excursions if experience demonstrated.. To take on the beach requires full prior experience with driving on the soft beach sand and demonstrated stick 4x4 experience. (My only wheels on this island is not the place to learn because it is my only set of wheels here) ... Dog not included :) ** Driver is 100% responsible for any damages, breakdowns, or towing which is then tied to your security deposit if you drive it.
Bicycles, golf carts and other 4x4 cars available for rent just across the street if you're interested.
**(the listed rate covers 2 visitors, there is a fee for any addition persons. Childrens under 12 are complimentary though. Family Animals fee also applicable depending on the unit you rent if they are allowed and not more than 35lbs. limited 2, and must be marked at renting page. ** ANY of this not marked and paid for at the point of renting, I reserve the right to cancel the renting at the point of check in without refund. All visitors are personally met in person prior to check in )
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials bought and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances bought this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed and the home sits within walking distance to it all.
Important for visitors to contact owner by cell phone supplied, the morning of check in date to establish the check in time.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and vacation rental homes supply Ocracoke area printed travel magazines which include deals, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the property manager and the merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are your trip dates changeable? The off-peak seasons will offer amazing rates on weekly rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Many management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular experience that you are most getting excited about during your stay? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most interested in.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to learn how many rental homes are offered in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in helping guests with reserving, check-in, cleaning, as well as routine service problems that may arise.
Below are great tips and strategies to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Before you book "Beachside Condo East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available.", examine our brief list of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke vacation homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Consensus can often be difficult among close relatives, but the moment this tricky part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Make a Budget
Check to make sure "Beachside Condo East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available." satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking an expensive rental home. Typically, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you primarily desire a property with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are bedsheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Be sure to include your companion! Even though many vacation rentals allow household pets, rules and fees vary per property. Many restrictions may possibly dismiss a prospective rental. Read your contract very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering exceptional properties, local agencies provide excellent service..
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything required. If lacking, the home management company may know of similar homes that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Entire Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular price, travelers will need to pay state taxes when renting "Beachside Condo East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available.", as well as any other fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a little. Despite the fact that you're paying a house cleaning fee, The vacation rental needs to be in sound condition. Sinks filled with dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be remedied before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit travellers to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you'll want to note that in your review.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a great time? Ideally everything was outstanding and you're all set to re-book the rental for next season. If not, you've gained invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.0 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.0 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.0 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.0 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.1 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.1 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.0 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles