Once you have your coastal recreational fishing license in hand, it’s time to start thinking about gear. Anglers will find tons of options when it comes to equipment for casting into the surf, from custom designed rods and reels at local tackle shops, to name brand varieties that are designed for multiple areas along the coastline. Here are just a few of the most popular gear options for surf fishermen. Keep in mind that there are endless options available, and your local bait and tackle store staff will be happy to point you in the right direction if you have any questions about what you’ll need for successful surf fishing in any given area along the North Carolina coastline.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Lawn / Garden
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Video Library
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property3 story pastel orange with white trim beach home freshly renovated. Sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by boat or plane which I have one of each. Everything in the home is new finishings. Private entrance from the right side entry door to a common staircase to your 2nd floor unit. The only other living space on this floor is my private space which is completely separated by a common corridor. Your unit offers a private kitchenette and bath. All private and located within the unit. Constructed as well with new tile and wood floors. Voluminous rooms, full length tile porch (30 feet long) with fans and view of lighthouse, harbor, and water of course. Multiple doors to accept sea wind all over.
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials bought and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances bought this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed and the home sits within walking distance to it all.
Important for visitors to contact owner by cell phone supplied, the morning of check in date to establish the check in time.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes provide Ocracoke area discount guides which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or by a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Is it possible to alter your vacation week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning individuals of the same rental home. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Some properties are basically designed to serve particular travelers, whether it's beachfront units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. You'll get the best value from a home which most thoroughly matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Advice
Many people are surprised to discover the number of properties are available in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an ideal getaway to suit their Ocracoke gang, from relaxing condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting vacationers with reserving, checking-in, house cleaning, as well as maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be happy to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Finding and reserving the right rental home:
Before you start to book "East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available.", go through our short checklist of factors to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. To assure the most desirable selection of properties, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke getaway Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Many groups choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Agreement can be tricky among family members, but once this tricky part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is going, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you should have. Keep in mind that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Check to make sure "East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available." fits your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving a costly rental property. Generally, just one person in the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
Rental Home Features
What home features is the family searching for? Do you just desire a property with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental home fee? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Appropriate accessibility could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies can vary. Type of pet, size and breeds may be controlled. Read your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Where to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. Your greatest opportunity for a lower rate is switching to an off-season week.
Study The Agreement
Read the complete agreement and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Property management companies and rental owners often offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should disaster strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your rental! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be useful.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Natives will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit travellers to offer reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work very hard to fix the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did they enjoy their rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. Maybe the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.0 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.0 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.0 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.0 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.1 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.1 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.0 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles