- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Toilet Paper
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property3 story pastel orange with white trim beach home freshly remodeled.These are condos and studios with private kitchens and private baths with the condos and jack and jill bathroom arangements with the studios are huge living arrangements. Sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by boat or plane which I have one of each. Everything in the home is new finishings. New HvAC, kitchen and baths as well with new tile and wood floors. Voluminous rooms, full length porches (30 feet long) with fans and view of lighthouse, harbor, and water of course on the second floor. Multiple doors and some with sliders to accept sea wind through
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials bought and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances bought this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed as are most all the businesses, family owned and operated.
This home sits within walking distance to it all.
Contact the owner for the check in time.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send promotional travel guides with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, as this allows vacation goers to experience the same fantastic attractions with a quite often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your vacation week? Off-peak times offer up sizeable bargains.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies provide unique discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most thoroughly matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the range and variety of short term properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to find a rental home that suits their wishes and price range.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping guests with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many newcomers will be happy to find that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Before you decide to book " East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condos and studios property availabl", review our brief collection of things to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before your trip. Many visitors decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose a Town and Time
Begin by determining which specific area of Ocracoke you would like to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Vacation rental
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make sure that " East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condos and studios property availabl" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, ensure each group understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a necessity? Will the property need to be beach front, the downtown area, or in close proximity to shopping? Are bed sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
Book your Vacation Property
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many head aches.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. More often than not, surrounding residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Although you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation home should be in sound condition. Sinks filled with dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Virtually all rental websites request feedback after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to go back? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific vacation home. Maybe the rental property was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next time.
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles