- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Toilet Paper
- Video Library
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property3 story pastel orange building with white trim beach home newly modernized. This condo being one of 3 within our building has private kitchette, bathroom, and spare bedroom if needed all located within the unit. The private entrance is located on the left side of the building leading to an arrangement of a studio which is enormous and comfortable. Down an attached and just as private hallway is the private full bath and spare bedroom. The building sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by boat or plane which I have one of each. Everything in the home is new finishings, kitchen and baths as well with new tile and wood floors. Huge rooms, full length porches (30 feet long).
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials bought and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances bought this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed as are most all the businesses, family owned and operated.
This home sits within walking distance to it all.
Important for visitors to contact owner by cell phone included, the morning of check in date to establish the check in time.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and vacation houses supply Ocracoke area printed travel guides which include deals, either offered individually by merchants, or via a partnership between the property manager and the merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are you able to move your vacation week? Off-peak times offer significant discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of property management companies offer unique discounts to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to night life. If there's a particular Ocracoke activity that you just love, search for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to uncover just how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to suit their Ocracoke group, from low-noise condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property owners frequently select management companies to manage promoting and advertising, cleaning and regular maintenance.
We have assembled a short guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
Where to find and book the best rental home:
Before you book " East Coast best kept secret getaway spot.", read through our short checklist of things to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rental properties start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Quite often, the toughest portion of organizing your vacation is deciding on where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Make a Budget
Confirm that " East Coast best kept secret getaway spot." works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, ensure everybody knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Normally, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What home features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are linens included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Make a list of "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do members of your crew have specific needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the family traveling with a pet dog? Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies differ. A number of constraints might dismiss a potential vacation property. Study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Once the place, time and guests are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from offering exceptional properties, local companies provide you with exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Entire Contract
Read through the whole agreement and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
After you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you find damages, or if fixes are needed call the rental manager right away. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be incredibly helpful.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Please be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a visit much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of suggestions.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a bit. Even though you're paying a house cleaning fee, The property really should be in sound condition. Sinks full of dirty dishes, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many rental home management companies and rental websites allow travellers to give comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something was wrong and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to return next year? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. If the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better understand how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.2 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.2 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles