The Hatteras / Ocracoke ferry is one of the most popular of the seven coastal ferry routes that are orchestrated and managed by the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT.) Open for everyone, with daily runs that occur 365 days a year, the short 40-45 minute island-hopping ferry provides an integral link for Ocracoke Island to the rest of the Outer Banks, and provides visitors of all seasons with an exciting way to enjoy a coastal day trip. For a little bit of completely free entertainment, hop aboard via car, truck, bike or even just on foot, and discover a scenic boat ride that's just as thrilling as discovering the island of Ocracoke itself.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Video Library
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property3 story pastel orange building with white trim beach home freshly redone. This condo being one of 3 within our building has private kitchette, bathroom, and spare bedroom if needed all located within the unit. *There are no shared spaces. The private entrance is located on the left side of the building leading to an arrangement of a studio which is generous and inviting. Down an attached and just as private hallway is the private full bath and spare bedroom. The building sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by boat or plane which I have one of each. Everything in the home is new finishings. Roomy room.
Jeep use is complimentary to visitors when available for brief excursions if experience demonstrated.. To take on the beach requires full prior experience with driving on the soft beach sand and demonstrated stick 4x4 experience. (My only wheels on this island is not the place to learn because it is my only set of wheels here) ... Dog not supplied :) ** Driver is 100% responsible for any damages, breakdowns, or towing which is then tied to your security deposit if you drive it.
Bicycles, golf carts and other 4x4 cars available for rent just across the street if you're interested.
**(the listed rate covers 2 visitors, there is a fee for any addition persons. Childrens under 12 are complimentary though. Animals fee also applicable depending on the unit you rent if they are allowed and not more than 35lbs. limited 2, and must be marked at renting page. ** ANY of this not marked and paid for at the point of renting, I reserve the right to cancel the renting at the point of check in without refund. All visitors are personally met in person prior to check in )
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials bought and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances bought this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed as are most all the businesses, family owned and operated.
This home sits within walking distance to it all.
Important for visitors to contact owner by cell phone included, the morning of check in date to establish the check in time.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you printed guides with deals for rental properties, dining and tours. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your trip week? The off-peak seasons frequently offer terrific rates on rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be qualified for cost savings. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some properties are essentially catered to specific vacationers, whether it is oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual home owners generally offer clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
You may be surprised to learn how many properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Here are some ideas and tactics to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you book "FBO studio (Handicap accessible), East Coast best kept secret getaway spot.", go through our short collection of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking very early. To assure the greatest choice of properties, we suggest searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest will be more straightforward.
Decide on a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Most rental properties are marketed with a price range. Determine the rate for your desired stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before booking a pricey vacation property. One individual in your group will have to be given the task of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Occasionally the senior generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your furry family members. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
After the place, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that better suit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any needed repairs.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. More often than not, neighboring homes are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a little bit. Although you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental home needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with pots and pans, surplus sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be dealt with before leaving.
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental home websites seek comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but genuine with regards to stay. The best property owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to re-book next year? Maybe everything ended up being exceptional and you're ready to reserve the same property for next year. If the rental property was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to filter your search next time.
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.2 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.2 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles