- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyNew to the Holiday Rental Program for 2019.
After DUNE Delight is a cavernous reverse floor plan holiday home located in the peaceful Jackson Dunes neighborhood on alluring Ocracoke Island. Families will adore having plenty of space to spread out in this family and pet amiable home offering a first floor den for the children. Grab your coffee or a alluring cold drink, a good rent and relax on one of the generous decks. The Jackson Dunes neighborhood is a great place to walk, ride a bicycle or jog.
3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with Double.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access and TVs. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Whole home generator.
The exterior offers a first floor gated covered outdoor space and a wraparound second floor outdoor space, a hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
Pet Neighborly. No Smoking. No Telephone.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: One bedroom with Queen bed, TV. One bedroom with Double bed. Den. Two hallway Full Baths each with tub/shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with living area with TV, dining and kitchen with breakfast bar. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Hallway Full Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus will send you tourism guide books with deals for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might take a trip? Shoulder seasons feature outstanding opportunities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for price reductions. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some properties are essentially catered to particular visitors, whether it is oceanside units with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners generally offer guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Many people are surprised to discover how many rentals are available in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an optimum getaway to fit their Ocracoke family, from peaceful condominiums to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are critical in helping travellers with booking, check-in, house cleaning services, as well as routine service issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however many novices will be delighted to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
How to find and reserve the right vacation rental:
Do you believe "After DUNE Delight: Pet Friendly Home in Jackson Dunes" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming trip? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many popular vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of a trip. A lot of households decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select a Community and Date
Agreement can be tricky among family members, but once this difficult part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Many rental properties are marketed with a price range. Determine the rate for your preferred week. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking an expensive rental. One member of your family will have to be responsible for getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What amenities is your group interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with patio kitchen? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Does the home have bicycles and body boards for use during your stay? Gather a list of "needs and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Optimal accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Nearly all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your pets. Pet guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Read your agreement carefully! Charges may apply when pets are included.
Where to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar properties that suit your wishes and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. Your easiest possibility of a lower rate will be shifting to a less desirable week.
Read the Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, travelers must pay state taxes when renting "After DUNE Delight: Pet Friendly Home in Jackson Dunes", as well as any other fees which may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a pet charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you'd like to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Be sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage right after you arrive. We also recommend promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any fixes. This will protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Frequently, surrounding properties are lived in by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to be sure you've gathered all belongings.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Many rental home sites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Does everybody want to go back? With some luck everything turned out to be perfect and you are all set to re-book the rental home for your next vacation. If not, you've gained useful rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.3 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.7 miles