- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyNew to the Holiday Rental Program for 2019.
After DUNE Delight is a cavernous reverse floor plan holiday home located in the peaceful Jackson Dunes neighborhood on beautiful Ocracoke Island. Families will adore having plenty of space to spread out in this family and pet affable home offering a first floor den for the children. Grab your coffee or a gorgeous cold drink, a good rent and relax on one of the sizable decks. The Jackson Dunes neighborhood is a great place to walk, ride a bicycle or jog.
3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with Double.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access and TVs. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Whole home generator.
The exterior offers a first floor gated covered outdoor space and a wraparound second floor outdoor space, a hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
Pet Amicable. No Smoking. No Telephone.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: One bedroom with Queen bed, TV. One bedroom with Double bed. Den. Two hallway Full Baths each with tub/shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with living area with TV, dining and kitchen with breakfast bar. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Hallway Full Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus offer travel guides with special deals for accommodations, dining and activities. Be on the lookout for these guides and promotional books, because this allows vacationers to experience the same great attractions with a generally substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you great rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few management companies provide rate reductions to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of visitors. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to music venues. You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most excited about.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to personal health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Advice
Some people are shocked to learn the number of rental homes are offered in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an optimum getaway to fit their Ocracoke group, from peaceful condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in helping families with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping services, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to learn that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Finding and booking the perfect rental home:
Before you book "After DUNE Delight: Pet Friendly Home in Jackson Dunes", examine our short collection of points to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Sometimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes simplier and easier.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Remember that that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will your preferred rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
What property features is your group searching for? Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air dining area? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are sheet sets included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of "needs and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Special Things to consider
Appropriate access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Remember to include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be limited. Read your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Aside from offering exceptional rental properties, local companies offer you exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the rental has everything required. If lacking, the property management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest possibility of a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental home cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. We also recommend promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any fixes. This can protect against disagreements during checkout.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a bit. Even if you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The property needs to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be taken care of before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Nearly all rental websites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If anything was unsatisfactory and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning is going to be easy. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.3 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.7 miles