With 150 miles of pristine coastline, and some of the East Coast's largest swaths of undisturbed maritime forest, the Outer Banks is a popular destination for nature lovers. As an important spot on America's "Flyway," which is the route that migrating birds take on their northern and southern treks across the country, the Outer Banks is the temporary home to hundreds of species of birds. Combine this with the number of deer, foxes, waterfowl, fish, turtles, and even alligators, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is truly a wild vacation destination.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor this comfortable bungalow for two. Nicely furbished and surprisingly enormous and private. Located on a canal in Oyster Creek with vistas and smooth access to Pamlico Sound. This bungalow includes docking at the back door with a fish cleaning bench and dock ladder accepting easier access for kayaks.
1 Bedroom, 1.5 Baths: Bedroom with Queen. A Queen Size Sleeper Couch in living area accepts for flexible sleeping arrangements. Bathroom has a shower stall.
The loft style bedroom is accessed by a ladder style stairway (no railing). Located off the bedroom is an alcove with desk and an open bathroom with shower.
Conveniences include A/C units, portable electric heaters (minimal heat), electric fireplace (available year round), ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. The kitchen includes a microwave. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Bed is made for your arrival.
The exterior offers private boat dockage, bulkhead, a huge screened porch, hot/cold outdoor shower and charcoal grille. 2 single kayaks. Life jackets are not included, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be delighted to assist.
No Smoking. No Telephone. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Living Area with TV/DVD, Queen Sleep Couch. Eat-in Kitchen. Half Bath with washer/dryer.
Second Floor: Open Loft Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV/DVD. Semi-private Bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many official tourism bureaus offer printed travel guide books with special offers for accommodations, restaurants and activities. Search for these guides and discount books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the very same attractions at a frequently significantly discounted.
- Want to stay away from the crowds? Off-peak times offer up substantive savings.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the Military, or repeat individuals to the same rental home. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve particular guests, whether it's oceanside homes with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are shocked to discover the number of rental homes are offered in their area of interest. With such a big selection, clients are certain to select a property that suits their expectations and price range.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and tactics to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve the best vacation home:
Before you decide to book "Clammers: Perfect getaway for two, dock, close to Pamlico Sound.", go through our short collection of points to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking very early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Many families plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Oftentimes, the hardest part of planning your trip is deciding where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what type of bedroom configuration you will need. Be aware that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Pay?
Confirm that "Clammers: Perfect getaway for two, dock, close to Pamlico Sound." fits your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each party understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single individual in your group will have to be in charge of collecting repayments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What property features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Will the property need to be beach front, downtown, or near night life? Are mattress sheets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only property on the Third floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the family traveling with a dog? While a number of rentals allow cats and dogs, guidelines and costs vary per rental. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
Many internet resources exist to match guests with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. We also advise immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any repairs. This will protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Virtually all rental management company sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing critiques. If something was unsatisfactory and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you will want to note that in your critique.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their rental? Maybe everything ended up being wonderful and you are ready to reserve the same property for next year. If the rental home was not ideal, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.5 miles