- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySurround yourself with the beauty and splendor of this enchanting Cabana on Ocracoke Island. The shared 14' x 28' swimming pool creates a haven for rejuvenation and tranquility. The Cabana's pool is private and exclusively for use by the four cabanas and the max. eight visitors of the Ocracoke Cabanas.
One Master Bedroom with King size bed. 1 Bath with upsized soaking tub.
Conveniences include a heat generating electric fireplace (off season only), cathedral wood ceiling, central air conditioning/heat, 2 cable TVs and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher, and Keurig K-Cup and standard coffee maker.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a shared *pool, two shared park style charcoal grilles, shared hot/cold outdoor shower, shared washer/dryer and decorated outdoor space and enclosed yard.
Mini Holidays of less than a week (3 nighttime minimum) are welcomed and may be booked at any time.
No Smoking. No Family Animals. min. 2 people. min. 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
*The unheated Cabana pool is open April 11 - October 16, 2020.
Single Story Cabana: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with upsized tub/shower.
Exterior: Laundry Room with shared washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and rental homes provide Ocracoke area discount catalogs which include money-saving coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or through a partnership between the property management company and the local business itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Prefer to steer clear of the packed areas and spend less? The off-peak seasons will offer fantastic rates on weekly rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for special discounts. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific experience you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most looking forward to.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to personal medical emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often times surprised at the range and wide variety of short term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke group, from calm condos to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be happy to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
How to find and reserve the right rental home:
Do you believe "Cabana IV: Perfect getaway for two that offers a shared pool." is the perfect vacation property for your next trip? Look over this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned destinations, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked very early. To assure the most desirable selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Quite often, the toughest part of planning your vacation is deciding on where to go, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes more straightforward.
Select a Size
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what particular bedroom configuration you'll need. Remember that that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Budget
Will your preferred rental suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a pool mandatory?Are you looking for a rental property with open-air kitchen? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or near wildlife? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Proper access could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your pets. Although many rental homes allow dogs, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. A number of restrictions may dismiss a prospective rental property. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
Many websites exist to match renters with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything required. If lacking, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, travelers will need to pay state taxes when booking "Cabana IV: Perfect getaway for two that offers a shared pool.", along with various other fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a pet fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Make sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you find damage, or if fixes are required get in touch with the home manager right away. This can prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred during your remain. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to offer feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest with regards to stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to go back? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental. If not, you have acquired useful experience that will help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles