With 150 miles of pristine coastline, and some of the East Coast's largest swaths of undisturbed maritime forest, the Outer Banks is a popular destination for nature lovers. As an important spot on America's "Flyway," which is the route that migrating birds take on their northern and southern treks across the country, the Outer Banks is the temporary home to hundreds of species of birds. Combine this with the number of deer, foxes, waterfowl, fish, turtles, and even alligators, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is truly a wild vacation destination.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySurround yourself with the beauty and splendor of this enchanting Cabana on Ocracoke Island. The shared 14' x 28' swimming pool creates a haven for rejuvenation and tranquility. The Cabana's pool is private and exclusively for use by the four cabanas and the max. eight visitors of the Ocracoke Cabanas.
One Master Bedroom with King size bed. 1 Bath with upsized soaking tub.
Conveniences include a heat generating electric fireplace (off season only), cathedral wood ceiling, central air conditioning/heat, 2 cable TVs and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher, and Keurig K-Cup and standard coffee maker.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a shared *pool, two shared park style charcoal grilles, shared hot/cold outdoor shower, shared washer/dryer and furbished outdoor space and enclosed yard.
Mini Holidays of less than a week (3 nighttime minimum) are welcomed and may be booked at any time.
No Smoking. No Animals. min. 2 people. min. 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
*The unheated Cabana pool is open April 11 - October 16, 2020.
Single Story Cabana: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with upsized tub/shower.
Exterior: Laundry Room with shared washer/dryer.h shared washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and vacation houses supply Ocracoke area promotional guides which feature promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the business itself. Keep an eye out for these books and coupon books, as this allows visitors to enjoy the very same fantastic attractions with a substantial discounted.
- Is it possible to switch your vacation week? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer great rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer markdowns to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most looking forward to during your stay? You'll get the most value from a rental that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer customers the chance to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a consequence of health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Vacation Rental Advice
You may be shocked to discover how many vacation homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, guests are certain to discover a rental home which matches their expectations and budget.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however most novices will be happy to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation home:
Before you start to book "Cabana II: Perfect getaway for two that offers a shared pool.", review our brief collection of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the most desirable selection of rental homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Many groups decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Sometimes, the toughest part of preparing for your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be much easier.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Vacation rental
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Bear in mind that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Spending Limit
Confirm that "Cabana II: Perfect getaway for two that offers a shared pool." works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before booking a pricey vacation property. Typically, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What property features is the group searching for? Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air lounge? Will the property need to be beach front, the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are bedsheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. The majority of vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many constraints may dismiss a prospective rental home. Study your agreement carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
As soon as the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages as soon as you arrive. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be very helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please be respectful of the community. Often, adjacent properties are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the rental to assure you've packed all belongings.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many rental home management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to offer reviews. If your rental home and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but completely honest in regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they love their vacation? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation rental. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles