Nothing beats an ice-cold beverage while relaxing on the beach. Nothing is worse than reaching for an icy drink and finding your cans swimming. Coolers are essential for family days on the sand. A good modern cooler will keep food and drinks fresh for days. In addition to beverages, fishermen rely coolers to keep bait fresh, and hopefully the catch of the day. Walk onto any beach or pier in North or South Carolina and you’ll see a plethora of cooler models and sizes. Cooler technology has advanced rapidly in modern years. Top-end hard-sided coolers can keep ice frozen for a week. Soft coolers are easier for one person to carry onto a beach, but can still keep food cool for days. Cooler materials and price points vary wildly, so we put together this guide with our recommendations for your coastal vacation.
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This unique bungalow in the Oyster Creek area sits at the end of a canal and directly on the Pamlico Sound. It offers deep water docking and private sound side water access. Ideal for launching boats, kayaks, SUPs, and taking in excellent vistas over the water. Unwind in the tower room or on one of the many decks- the indoor and outdoor space is yours to savor! After a day of calming on your own little beach rinse off in the outdoor shower. Or clean your fresh catch of the day after a hard-working day of fishing at the fish cleaning bench. Blue Oyster has all the amenities to make your vacation great! Three of the four bedrooms have deck access accepting you wake up and catch some of the most handsome sunrises. Grab a cup of coffee or in the evening a beverage and appreciate the breeze on one of the many decks. Only linens are included. Inquire about towel units.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights. Looking to get your feet wet? Fishing and swimming adventures can be found near the property.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the very best rental experience:
Sticking to your rental budget:
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental property six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- To get the best value, shift your trip dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, , and greatly reduced traffic.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitor guides which will include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Selecting the best vacation rental in the Ocracoke area:
- First, have your family choose trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Blue Oyster - Blue Heron Realty has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible online. Otherwise, email the property manager before booking the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to determine what configuration is right for your family.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property management company about pets before booking.
- Is your group looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
Some things to know before you go:
- Store the owner's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of issues.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're gone! Don't let burglars spoil your family vacation.
- Record any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately send them to the host. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are valuable if a dispute is filed.
- Be respectful. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- When it's time to leave, complete a final walk-through to confirm you did not leave anything behind. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on good ratings to inspire future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your feedback find their best vacation home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles