- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis historic Silver Lake Harbor unit offers an exceptional Ocracoke holiday experience. Blue Harbor offers modern amenities while preserving the historical includes of the home. Located across the street from Silver Lake Harbor this home offers two highly sought after Silver Lake Harbor boat slips.
Blue Harbor offers a private 10' x 20' *pool located in the front of the unit. Relish vistas of Silver Lake Harbor from the pool outdoor space.
6 Bedrooms, 5 Baths: 3 Master Bedrooms with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twins, 1 with two Bunk Beds. Three of the bedrooms are Master Bedrooms with private baths.
Additional niceties include central air conditioning/heat, either ceiling fans or standing fans in the bedrooms. wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs and 2 Blu-ray DVDs. A well-outfitted kitchen offers a dishwasher, microwave and breakfast bar with seating for five. The laundry area offers a full sized washer and dryer and the comfort of a second full size refrigerator, ideal for drinks.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. A mid-week mini-tidy will be supplied during your stay.
Across Silver Lake Drive is a 200' shared dock on Silver Lake Harbor (shared with the holiday rental home next door). Boat docking for two boats is available for visitors of Blue Harbor on the right side of the dock.
The exterior niceties include a shared dock with water offering two boat slips for visitors of Blue Harbor, 10’ x 20’ pool, screened porch overlooking Silver Lake Harbor. Front and rear outdoor space. Two outdoor hot/cold showers, charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench and bicycle rack.
*Pool is open April 12 - October 17, 2020.
No Smoking Permitted (including decks, porches and pool area). No Family Animals Accepted. Parking for 5 Vehicles.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Big Open Floor Plan with Living Area with TV/DVD and Kitchen with Breakfast Bar with seating for five. Dining Room with seating for ten.
Master Bedroom with Sitting Area, King Bed, TV. Master Bathroom with tiled shower. Bedroom with Queen Bed and access to Hallway Bathroom with tub/shower. Laundry Room with Full Size Washer/Dryer and a Second Full Size Fridge.
Master Bedroom with Sitting Area, King Bed, TV. Master Bathroom with tub/shower. Master Bedroom with Sitting Area, King Bed, TV. Master Bathroom with tiled shower. Bedroom with 2 Bunk Beds. Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds. Hallway Bathroom with tiled shower. Den which TV/DVD (ideal for bringing your gaming equipment).
New for 2019 Eleanor Jane’s (CR52)
Guests looking for a holiday home similar to Blue Harbor may consider this owner’s new home, Eleanor Jane's, including similar style of décor and quality of construction. This 7 Bedroom, 6.5 Bath home is located on Lighthouse Road and certain to become an extraordinary Ocracoke holiday destination. Guests of Eleanor Jane’s will savor a private 10' x 20' pool and a brief walk or bicycle ride to Silver Lake Harbor, the Ocracoke Lighthouse and Springer’s Point Nature Preserve.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property management companies and rental properties supply Ocracoke area vacation discount guides that feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local merchant itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows visitors to enjoy the same terrific activities with a generally considerable discounted.
- In a position to alter your travel week? Shoulder seasons provide outstanding deals.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the US Military, or returning travelers of the same property. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly longing for during your stay? If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer clients the chance to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Advice
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the number and variety of short-term properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with reserving, check-in, house cleaning services, as well as maintenance issues that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rentals, however many beginners will be happy to find that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Where to find and book the right vacation rental:
Do you believe "Blue Harbor: Large home on Silver Lake Harbor. Pool and Docking." is the best rental property for your upcoming trip? Read through this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Pick your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough among loved ones, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your group. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Spending Limit
Most rental homes are presented with a price range. Determine the cost for your preferred week. It may be at the high end of the range. If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What amenities is your family looking for? Is a pool mandatory?Are you looking for a rental with outside kitchen? Will the property need to be beach front, in town, or near shopping? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys available throughout your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds may be controlled. Make sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
Once the place, time and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your greatest potential for a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Read Through The Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should tragedy strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages right after you arrive. We also advise immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts should be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning will be simple. Maybe the property wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.1 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.1 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.2 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.2 miles