The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyBeverly’s House on British Cemetery offers a nice walk or bicycle ride to Silver Lake Harbor, the Community Square, stores, galleries, numerous eateries and outstanding water sports. Protected by native cedars, bay laurel, live oak, and myrtle, the front porch is a private shaded spot all day long. Unwind in the rocking chairs or porch swings.
This newly referbished historic home offers modern appliances, heat/air conditioning, modern kitchen and baths. Meals can be relished in the eat-in kitchen or in the sunroom with enormous dining table.
Beverly’s House was constructed in roughly 1900 and is on the National Register of Historic Homes. This home was constructed by Charlie Scarborough who also constructed multiple important structures on the Island including the Oddfellows Lodge, the Wahab Villlage Hotel (now Blackbeard’s Lodge), the original Methodist Church, the William Ellis Williams House on the water at the Community Square, and Captain Thomas’ home on the other side of Silver Lake.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 Bedroom with King Bed, 2 Bedrooms each with two Twin Beds.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans. One intelligent TV with cable service. DVD player. Wireless internet access. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The kitchen offers a dishwasher, gas range, electric oven and microwave. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a front covered porch and rear outdoor space. Hot/cold outdoor shower and foot wash.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
Pet Helpful - Dogs Only.
No Smoking. No Telephone. Parking limited to 2 mid-sized cars.
Can’t stay an entire week?
This home is in the Stay Your Way program and can be reserved in advance with any arrival and departure date, your “mini holiday” is subject to a three nighttime minimum. Yes, even in the summer! Stay Your Way homes can be booked months in advance.
First Floor: Living Room with HD Intelligent TV and cable service. Sunroom with dining table. Eat-in kitchen. Master Bedroom with King Bed and adjoining Bath with tub/shower. Hallway Bath with shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with two Twin Beds. Bedroom with two Twin Beds.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation properties provide Ocracoke area promotional travel catalogs that feature offers, either offered individually by merchants, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Willing to change your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer incredible rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many vacation rental companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some properties are essentially catered to particular customers, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance along with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Home Advice
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and selection of short term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, guests are sure to select a vacation home that matches their wishes and spending plan.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be delighted to learn that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Before you book "Beverly's House: Convenient to Silver Lake Harbor and shops", read through our short list of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. A lot of visitors plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Decide on a Town and Date
Quite often, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is choosing where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest is much easier.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Rental
Determine who is going, and just how many/what type of bedroom setup you need to have. Remember that that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Will your selected vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Normally, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each party's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is the group trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Will the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental fee? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Special Factors to consider
Often times the older generation has challenges with stairs. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Animal guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be restricted. Be sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match clients with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything you need. If something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that fit your wishes and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read through the Total Agreement
Read the entire agreement and make sure you understand who is liable for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. This will prevent disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many complications.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make certain you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all property management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything was unacceptable and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your review.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles