Most vacationers consider their pet to be a part of their family, and as a result, thousands of Outer Banks visitors bring their furry family members in tow year after year. While planning a vacation that includes everyone in the family, including a beloved dog or other pet, can initially seem a little daunting, on the Outer Banks, it's actually an easy affair.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyBeverly’s House on British Cemetery offers a nice walk or bicycle ride to Silver Lake Harbor, the Community Square, stores, galleries, numerous eateries and trendy water sports. Protected by native cedars, bay laurel, live oak, and myrtle, the front porch is a private shaded spot all day long. Unwind in the rocking chairs or porch swings.
This freshly modernized historic home offers modern appliances, heat/air conditioning, modern kitchen and baths. Meals can be appreciated in the eat-in kitchen or in the sunroom with generous dining table.
Beverly’s House was constructed in roughly 1900 and is on the National Register of Historic Homes. This home was constructed by Charlie Scarborough who also constructed numerous important structures on the Island including the Oddfellows Lodge, the Wahab Villlage Hotel (now Blackbeard’s Lodge), the original Methodist Church, the William Ellis Williams House on the water at the Community Square, and Captain Thomas’ home on the other side of Silver Lake.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 Bedroom with King Bed, 2 Bedrooms each with two Twin Beds.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans. One intelligent TV with cable service. DVD player. Wireless internet access. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The kitchen offers a dishwasher, gas range, electric oven and microwave. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a front covered porch and rear outdoor space. Hot/cold outdoor shower and foot wash.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
Pet Neighborly - Dogs Only.
No Smoking. No Telephone. Parking limited to 2 mid-sized cars.
First Floor: Living Room with HD Intelligent TV and cable service. Sunroom with dining table. Eat-in kitchen. Master Bedroom with King Bed and adjoining Bath with tub/shower. Hallway Bath with shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with two Twin Beds. Bedroom with two Twin Beds.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send printed tourism guide books with savings for rental homes, restaurants and tours. Search for these catalogs and promotional books, because this allows travelers to experience those terrific activities at a often considerable discounted.
- Are you willing to shift your trip dates? Shoulder seasons special offer amazing prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies provide special discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduction.
- Some rental properties are essentially designed to serve specific customers, whether it's soundside units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the family activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the chance to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed as a consequence of health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Information
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an optimum retreat to suit their Ocracoke group, from low-noise condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
We've constructed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Where to find and reserve the best rental home:
Do you believe "Beverly's House: Convenient to Silver Lake Harbor and shops" is the perfect rental home for your next family vacation? Read this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke rentals start booking early. To guarantee the greatest selection of vacation rentals, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Start by determining which specific area of Ocracoke you prefer to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Just How Many Beds?
Establish who is going, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you need to have. Be mindful that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Will the chosen rental fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, be certain that each party understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single member of your family needs to be in charge of collecting payments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family looking for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Gather a list of "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Often times the senior generation has challenges with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Most rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your companion! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. Examine your contract thoroughly! Service fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match guests with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies typically have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study The Agreement
Read through the complete contract and be certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides reassurance should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
After you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are required call the rental manager without delay.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A brief phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even if you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental home is required to be in sound condition. Sinks filled with dirty dishes, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes should be dealt with before leaving.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most rental home management companies and rental home sites allow renters to provide comments. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Does everyone want to go back? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning will be relatively easy. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to filter your search next time.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles