For families travelling to the beach, or fishermen carrying tackle/coolers, a beach cart can be the best purchase of your vacation. These carts feature extra-wide wheels to move across soft sand, even when loaded. Carts are often built for specific scenarios, so think about the gear you’d be putting on your cart before making a decision.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWe Welcome you to Beach Nut Bungalow.
This two bedroom Ocracoke Island home is located in Pamlico Point. This trendy neighborhood is close to Ocracoke's charming beaches, famed eateries and the local grocery store.
This reverse living home includes a second floor open floor plan including a living area, dining and kitchen. Adore this home’s high ceilings and appealing outdoor space off the living area and first floor screened porch.
1 Bedroom with Queen Bed. A second bedroom offers a Bunk Bed and a Twin Bed. 1 Bath with tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, TV, DVD and wireless internet access. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space, outdoor hot/cold shower, charcoal grille, fish cleaning table and covered parking.
No Smoking. No Telephone. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Bedroom with Queen Bed with Screened Porch accessible via bedroom and external staircase. Bedroom with a Bunk Bed and a Twin Bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower, entry via hallway and Queen Bedroom.
Second Floor: Open Kitchen, Dining and Living Area with TV/DVD and open outdoor space. Pantry. Laundry closet with stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send you promotional tourism guides with special packages for vacation rentals, dining and tours. These guides may provide a good start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? Shoulder seasons special offer terrific discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for financial savings. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a certain experience that you are most getting excited about during your stay? You'll get the most value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide range of short-term rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to discover a rental home that suits their expectations and spending plan.
The majority of rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
We've put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your vacation property experience.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Before you start to book "Beach Nut Bungalow: Two bedroom home in Pamlico Point", go through our brief collection of points to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Consensus can often be complicated among relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental home
Determine who is going, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you will need. Remember that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is suitable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Many vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired trip. It may be at the high end of the range. If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental documents require a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What home features is your group looking for? Do you simply desire a rental home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Will the rental have bicycles and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Special Factors to consider
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other members of the gang travelling with a dog? Pet policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Make sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
Several websites exist to match renters with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies generally have a unique selection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation home has everything required. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of similar properties that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective through the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Go Through The Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, visitors have to pay local taxes when booking "Beach Nut Bungalow: Two bedroom home in Pamlico Point", in addition to various other fees which may be required based upon their situation, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be helpful.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, surrounding properties are lived in by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental property to make certain that you've collected all possessions.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to offer reviews. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but completely honest about your experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everyone have a good time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great rental unit. If the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.1 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.1 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.1 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles