It might seem tricky to fit in all the attractions, historical sites, and fun activities off the beach into an Outer Banks vacation, and still have plenty of time left over to just lounge on the sand. That said, there are a number of attractions up and down the North Carolina coastline that any new visitor would be remiss to miss.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWe Welcome you to Beach Nut Bungalow.
This two bedroom Ocracoke Island home is located in Pamlico Point. This trendy neighborhood is close to Ocracoke's glamourous beaches, outstanding eateries and the local grocery store.
This reverse living home includes a second floor open floor plan including a living area, dining and kitchen. Appreciate this home’s high ceilings and inviting outdoor space off the living area and first floor screened porch.
1 Bedroom with Queen Bed. A second bedroom offers a Bunk Bed and a Twin Bed. 1 Bath with tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, TV, DVD and wireless internet access. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space, outdoor hot/cold shower, charcoal grille, fish cleaning table and covered parking.
No Smoking. No Telephone. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Bedroom with Queen Bed with Screened Porch accessible via bedroom and external staircase. Bedroom with a Bunk Bed and a Twin Bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower, entry via hallway and Queen Bedroom.
Second Floor: Open Kitchen, Dining and Living Area with TV/DVD and open outdoor space. Pantry. Laundry closet with stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many rental owners and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area printed travel catalogs that feature offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. Search for these publications and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to take advantage of the same great activities with a typically substantial discounted.
- Are the trip dates changeable? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer phenomenal rates on weekly rental properties.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning guests to the same property. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve specific travelers, whether it's soundside homes with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most excited about.
- Management companies and individual property owners commonly offer clients an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
General Rental Home Advice
You may be surprised to uncover how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an suitable getaway to suit their Ocracoke crew, from relaxing condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and strategies to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the right rental property:
Do you believe "Beach Nut Bungalow: Two bedroom home in Pamlico Point" is the best rental property for your upcoming trip? Read through this guide to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many popular hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for family groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Consensus can be tough among members of the family, but once this tricky part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental
Confirm who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you'll need. Consider that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Spend?
The majority of rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the rate for your chosen trip. It may be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a costly rental. Usually, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family looking for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Will the unit have bicycles and body boards available during your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. Almost all vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the gang traveling with a dog? Dog guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
It Is Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies generally have an exclusive selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many rentals sit vacant.
Study the Entire Contract
Read through the complete agreement and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal rate, guests will need to pay state taxes when renting "Beach Nut Bungalow: Two bedroom home in Pamlico Point", along with any other additional fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any critical fixes.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Virtually all rental sites seek comments after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but completely honest in regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. Maybe the rental home wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.1 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.1 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.1 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles