The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyNew to the Holiday Rental Program in 2020
Pet helpful bungalow offering a convenient walk or bicycle ride to eateries, stores and Silver Lake Harbor.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Master Bedroom with Queen Bed and private bath with tub/shower. Two bedrooms each with a Double Bed. Bath with tub/shower.
Conveniences include window air conditioning units, ceiling fans and 1 cable TV. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher.
*This home does not give linens.
The exterior offers a screened porch. Outdoor Laundry Shed. Charcoal grille.
No Heat. No internet Access. No Smoking.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, Master Bathroom with tub/shower. Master Bedroom has screened porch entry. Two bedrooms, each with a Double Bed. Hallway bathroom with tub/shower.
Rear yard: Laundry Shed.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you travel guides with special offers for rental homes, dining and activities. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can vacation? Off-peak times offer up considerable savings.
- Several rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same vacation home. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to specific clients, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Consider getting trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to discover just how many rental homes are offered in Ocracoke. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and expertise to provide easy operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Searching for and booking the right vacation property:
Do you think "Atlantic Breeze: Pet Friendly Cottage Convenient to Restaurants and Shops" is the best rental property for your next vacation? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes start booking very early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Choose a Village and Time
Sometimes, the toughest part of preparing for your trip is choosing where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else will be more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is going, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Consider that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Will your favorite rental home suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, make sure each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. A single individual in your group will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you simply want a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental fee? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Adequate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other people in the gang travelling with a family pet? Animal guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
When the location, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering exceptional rental properties, local companies provide you with superb service..
When you have found your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Read the full contract and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard price, travelers have to pay local taxes when booking "Atlantic Breeze: Pet Friendly Cottage Convenient to Restaurants and Shops", along with various other additional fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and property owners typically offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager straight away. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often, adjacent households are lived in by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little bit. Even when you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental is required to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dishes, substantial beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be remedied before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Most rental home management companies and rental home sites allow travellers to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but completely honest with regards to your stay. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Did everybody have a blast? Ideally everything was perfect and you're excited to reserve the rental home for your next vacation. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to aid with another search.
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.1 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles