- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis comfort suite for 2 is located on Silver Lake Road and directly across from the harbor. The shared docking with a pavilion offers a chance for marvelous sunsets. The open floor plan and enormous bay windows accept for an lavish view of the harbor.
You are going to categorically adore staying at this professionally-managed, holiday rental unit. It is the ideal fit for anyone looking to stay at this destination, and we know you are going to have a great time. Let us know if there is anything more we can do. Please be sure to leave a review!
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Feb 01 2020 - Apr 17 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Apr 18 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send promotional travel guides with special packages for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. Look for these publications and coupon books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same wonderful activities at a typically substantial discounted.
- Prefer to avoid the crowds of people? Shoulder seasons feature incredible promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for cost savings. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discount.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You'll receive the most value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
First-timers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide range of weekly rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, vacationers are sure to come across a rental that suits their expectations and spending budget.
Virtually all rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
Here are some ideas and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the best vacation property:
Before you decide to book "Luxury suite for two with shared docking on Silver Lake.", go through our short collection of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental..
Select your Town and Travel Week
Sometimes, the most challenging part of organizing your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, everything else is much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Consider that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Are You Prepared to Spend?
The majority of rental homes are advertised with a price range. Determine the price for your preferred week. It may be at the high end of the range. If multiple individuals or family members are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single member of your company must be responsible for getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Are you looking for a rental property with open-air lounge? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Commonly the senior generation has challenges with staircases. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Be sure to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rentals, but policies differ. Study your contract thoroughly! Service fees may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Several internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company may know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental home management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should disaster strike.
Book your Rental
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Be sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. If you find damage, or if repairs are required contact the property manager without delay. This can protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental web sites request feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything was unsatisfactory and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning will be simple. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles