- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis generous Ocracoke Island waterfront home includes an dazzling wraparound porch ideally suited for family gatherings, socializing, or peaceful in the hammock or Adirondack chairs. Stroll out on the private dock. Savor expansive vistas of the sunset on Pamlico Sound and sunrises on the adjoining salt marsh.
Entirely supplied and attractively furbished. The open floor plan is sizable and calming. A generous living area offers phenomenal water vistas. A second floor den offers a comfortable area for leisure.
3 Master Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: First floor Master Bedroom with Queen. Second floor offers two Master Bedrooms, each with 1 with Queen and 2 Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV with DVD and upstairs sitting area with a second TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher and two full size fridges. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a private dock, bulkhead, outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens. No Telephone.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 6 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Master Bath with shower. Half Bath. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Two Master Bedrooms, each with a Queen bed and two Twin beds. One Master Bath with tub/shower and one with shower. Den with TV/DVD.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guides with savings for rental properties, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these books and discount books, as this allows travelers to enjoy the very same attractions with a generally considerable discounted.
- Want to avoid the crowds? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top fees.
- Many management companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning vacationers of the same rental. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are practically designed to serve particular travelers, whether it's beachfront units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a certain Ocracoke atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a result of health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn how many vacation rentals are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to suit their Ocracoke group, from peaceful condos to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and expertise to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Before you start to book "Anticipation: Private dock, wrap around deck, expansive sound views.", examine our short collection of things to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. A lot of households prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Begin by choosing which specific area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Be mindful that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
Most rental properties are presented with a price range. Determine the rate for your chosen stay. It may be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking a pricey vacation property. Typically, one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you primarily want a vacation home with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Are bed linens offered with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Build a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Suitable access could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, factor that into your search. Almost all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your companion! Dog guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of restrictions might dismiss a potential rental property. Read your contract thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
As soon as the place, time and people are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you comfort should tragedy strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you find damages, or if repairs are needed call the property manager right away. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be incredibly helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many complications.
- Please be respectful of the community. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay a lot more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred during your remain. If it is possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for customers to give feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point in your review.
How did they feel about the rental choice? Maybe everything turned out to be perfect and you are all set to reserve the rental home for next year. Maybe the property wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles