The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis big Ocracoke Island waterfront home includes an marvelous wraparound porch ideally suited for family gatherings, socializing, or appealing in the hammock or Adirondack chairs. Stroll out on the private dock. Savor expansive vistas of the sunset on Pamlico Sound and sunrises on the adjoining salt marsh.
Entirely supplied and elegantly finished. The open floor plan is roomy and appealing. A sizable living area offers amazing water vistas. A second floor den offers a calming area for leisure.
3 Master Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: First floor Master Bedroom with Queen. Second floor offers two Master Bedrooms, each with 1 with Queen and 2 Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV with DVD and upstairs sitting area with a second TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher and two full size fridges. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a private dock, bulkhead, outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 6 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Master Bath with shower. Half Bath. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Two Master Bedrooms, each with a Queen bed and two Twin beds. One Master Bath with tub/shower and one with shower. Den with TV/DVD.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property owners and vacation rental houses provide Ocracoke area promotional travel catalogs which feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by merchants, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. Search for these magazines and discount books, as this allows vacation goers to take advantage of those fantastic activities with a quite often considerable discounted.
- Want to stay away from crowds and get a better price? Off-peak times offer sizeable bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for discount rates. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental properties are essentially designed to serve specific customers, whether it is oceanside homes with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Rental companies and individual property owners commonly offer guests the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover how many vacation rentals are offered in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke gang, from quiet condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and tricks to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental:
Do you think "Anticipation: Private dock, wrap around deck, expansive sound views." is the best rental property for your next vacation? Look over this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Ocracoke you want to explore, and the determine travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Many rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your selected week. It might be at the top end of the range. If multiple individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single member of your company will have to be responsible for gathering contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of reservation.
What property features is the group interested in? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental with outdoor kitchen? Does the unit need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to restaurants? Does the unit have bicycles and beach toys available during your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Often times the elder generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the gang travelling with a dog? While many rentals allow family pets, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and breeds might be restricted. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Your easiest possibility of a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Read the Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Vacation rental management companies and rental owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your observations. This will protect against conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Be considerate of the community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay much more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to verify no damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Just about all rental home management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for travellers to offer feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but genuine with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Use Your Experience
Did everybody have a great time? Maybe everything ended up being wonderful and you're excited to re-book the same rental for next year. Otherwise, you have acquired useful rental search experience that can help with another search.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles