- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWelcome to Adicus House, a handsome home located in the Pamlico Point subdivision. Constructed in 2017, this home is a ideal getaway for your Ocracoke hideaway. After a day at the beach, Adicus House invites you to relax and relax on one of the two screened porches or the covered outdoor space. Relish spectacular long range marsh vistas.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: Master Bedroom with King Bed and Private Bath. An additional Bedroom with Queen Bed and one Bedroom with a Bunk Bed. A Queen Sleeper Couch is located in the Living Area.
This home offers a traditional floor plan with the living, dining, kitchen and Master Bedroom on the first floor. Nine foot ceilings, granite kitchen counter tops and stainless steel appliances enhance your stay in this comfortable home.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 satellite TVs and a DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. High chair. Iron and ironing board.
The exterior offers a hot/cold outdoor shower, hammock, park style charcoal grille, picnic table and fish cleaning bench. Two single kayaks. Two screened porches and a covered outdoor space. Covered parking for two cars and a covered stairway to the interior.
*This home does not give linens. No Telephone.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. min. limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open living area with TV and Queen Sleeper Couch, dining area and kitchen. Master Bedroom with King Bed, TV and Master Bath with shower. Hallway Half Bath. Laundry Closet with stackable washer/dryer. Front Screened Porch off the Living/Dining area. Rear Screened Porch accessed via the hallway.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen Bed and TV and a Bedroom with a Bunk Bed and TV. The second floor Bedrooms share a Bathroom with tub/shower. Front covered outdoor space off the Queen Bedroom.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guide books with promotions for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Could you adjust your vacation week? Off-peak times provide considerable deals.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or repeat visitors of the same rental. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain experience you are mainly anticipating during your stay? You'll get the most value from a home that most directly suits your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Management companies and individual home owners frequently offer clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide range of short-term rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are instrumental in assisting vacationers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, and any routine maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however most beginners will be happy to discover that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "Adicus House: Close to Ocracoke's beaches, panoramic views from decks" is the best rental home for your upcoming family vacation? Look over this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking very early. To ensure the greatest choice of homes, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Agreement can be tough between family, but once this tricky part is complete everything will start to slide in place.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental home
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what sort of bedroom setup you'll need. Bear in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Will your favorite vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Do you just want a vacation rental with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental payment? Make a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Commonly the elder generation has problems with stairways. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Remember to include your furry family members. Even though a number of vacation rentals allow pets, rules and costs fluctuate per rental. A number of constraints might eliminate a potential rental. Don't forget to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local companies will have an exclusive selection of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the rental has everything you need. If something is missing, the home management company may know of comparable properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To make certain no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find wear and tear, or if repairs are needed call the rental manager right away. This can prevent disagreements during check out.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of suggestions.
- Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even when you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The vacation home really needs to be in very good condition. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be dealt with before leaving.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Most vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to give feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a great time? Maybe everything turned out to be ideal and you are happy to re-book the same rental home for next year. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.1 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.1 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.1 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles