- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAaron Ballance is located on a private road in Sunset Village. You will appreciate the solitude of this private neighborhood that offers a nice walk or bicycle ride to the local coffee shop, fashionable eateries, village stores and the library.
3 bedrooms: Two Bedrooms with King Bed and one bedroom with two Twin Beds. 2 Baths (one with tub/shower and one with shower only).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 satellite TVs and DVD. The kitchen includes a microwave and dishwasher. Washer/dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space, park style charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench and outdoor hot/cold outdoor shower.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Telephone. Pet Neighborly - Dogs Only.
Parking is limited to 2 mid-sized cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed and Master Bath with shower. Bedroom with King bed. Bedroom with two Twin beds, TV/DVD. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Laundry alcove in Master Bathroom.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with promotions for rental properties, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Desire to steer clear of the crowds and get a better price? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you phenomenal rates on rental properties.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning guests of the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rental homes are essentially designed to serve specific visitors, whether it's oceanside rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a home which most directly matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer their customers the option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed due to medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are often surprised at the range and wide selection of short-term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property owners frequently select management companies to manage advertising campaigns, housekeeping services and maintenance.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however most novices will be delighted to discover that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Do you think "Aaron Ballance: Dog friendly, short walk to several restaurants" is the best vacation property for your next vacation? Read through this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Start by deciding which specific area of Ocracoke you'd like to visit, and the choose trip dates.
Pick a Size
Determine who is traveling, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you should have. Be aware that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your selected trip. It could be at the top end of the range. If several individuals or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that everybody understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents require a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Make a List of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your family looking for? Do you want a vacation property with open-air dining area? Do you want to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental charge? Make a list of "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Commonly the senior generation has challenges with stairs. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your pets. Dog policies are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be controlled. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. In addition to having exclusive properties, local agencies offer you outstanding service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
After you feel you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. If you find property damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents often times live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of advice.
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental property to ensure you've collected all possessions.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Nearly all rental management company websites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If something was wrong and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their rental? If everything was exceptional, next year's trip planning will be quick. If not, you've acquired useful experience to aid with your next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles