For families travelling to the beach, or fishermen carrying tackle/coolers, a beach cart can be the best purchase of your vacation. These carts feature extra-wide wheels to move across soft sand, even when loaded. Carts are often built for specific scenarios, so think about the gear you’d be putting on your cart before making a decision.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor this unique freshly redone bungalow located on Ocracoke's Back Road. A Ferry Trail Ending is just a brief walk to Silver Lake Harbor, unique stores, galleries and dining.
This bungalow is ideal for modest families or friends. Appreciate the uniqueness of two separate bungalow wings joined by a enormous screened porch. Each wing offers its own living, dining and kitchen areas, bedrooms and bathroom.
3 Bedrooms and 2 Baths.
All current photos represent the unit prior to modernization and show previous furnishings.
The front section of the bungalow offers a sizable open living area with TV and DVD player, thoroughly supplied kitchen with dishwasher and electric stove, 1 bedroom with Queen bed and TV, and a Daybed in the alcove den. One full Bath with shower. Guests will savor the front screened porch.
The rear section offers a smaller living area with TV, kitchen with gas stove (no dishwasher), two bedrooms each with a pyramid bed (double on bottom/twin on top), Daybed in the living area and full Bath with tub/shower and washer/dryer.
Conveniences include two kitchens, dishwasher (in front section), washer/dryer (rear section), 2 microwaves, wireless internet access, 3 intelligent TVs with Hulu and Netflix, local channels included. 2 DVD players.
Central air conditioning/heat.
The exterior offers two screened porches, an open outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, picnic table and a fish cleaning bench with water. Enclosed rear yard with 4 ft. fencing, ideal for the family pet.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - Dogs Only. Limit of 4 cars (including covered parking). No Telephone.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
What's New for 2020. Home will be raised roughly 6 feet. The interior will feature a complete remodel including all new appliances, all new furnishings including new linens. An additional Day Bed will be added to the rear building. Central heat/air conditioning all through. New floor. There will be 750 sq. ft. of additional decking on the right side of home. New enclosed rear yard with 4 ft. fencing, ideal for the family pet. New outdoor shower and fish bench with water.
Front Building: Open living area with TV, eat-in kitchen and alcove den with Day Bed. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Bath with shower stall.
Front building is connected to the rear building by the generous screened porch.
Rear Building: Open living area with Daybed, TV and eat-in kitchen. Two bedrooms, each with a Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Entry door via living area and access to shared screened porch via one bedroom. Walk-thru bathroom with tub/shower and stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
- Many management companies and vacation homes supply Ocracoke area vacation discount guides which include offers, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local merchant itself. Be on the lookout for these books and discount books, as this allows visitors to experience the very same great activities with a frequently considerable discounted.
- Desire to steer clear of the crowds and get a better price? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum pricing.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many property management companies offer rate reductions to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially catered to particular clients, whether it is beachfront homes with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers the opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners mainly because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We've constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation property experience.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Do you think "A Ferry Trail Ending: Dog friendly, two wings joined by screened porch" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Look over this guide to make sure it fits your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. A lot of households prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Town and Time
Quite often, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest is much easier.
How Many Beds?
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom setup you'll need. Try to remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Most vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Commit to a Budget
Make sure that "A Ferry Trail Ending: Dog friendly, two wings joined by screened porch" fits your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most of the time, a single person in the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family searching for? Do you only want a vacation home with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the property have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Special Issues to consider
Do a few members of your party have special needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the family visiting with a dog? Pet guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Study your agreement carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match visitors with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
When you have found your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest prospects for a lower rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, visitors will need to pay local taxes when booking "A Ferry Trail Ending: Dog friendly, two wings joined by screened porch", along with any other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Be respectful of the local community. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of tips.
- Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've gathered all possessions.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Virtually all rental home sites ask for feedback after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but completely honest about your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to solve the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Did everybody have a good time? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning will be relatively easy. If the property was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles