- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAdore this unique freshly redone bungalow located on Ocracoke's Back Road. A Ferry Trail Ending is just a brief walk to Silver Lake Harbor, unique stores, galleries and dining.
This bungalow is ideal for modest families or friends. Appreciate the uniqueness of two separate bungalow wings joined by a generous screened porch. Each wing offers its own living, dining and kitchen areas, bedrooms and bathroom.
3 Bedrooms and 2 Baths.
All current photos represent the unit prior to modernization and show previous furnishings.
The front section of the bungalow offers a enormous open living area with TV and DVD player, completely supplied kitchen with dishwasher and electric stove, 1 bedroom with Queen bed and TV, and a Daybed in the alcove den. One full Bath with shower. Guests will relish the front screened porch.
The rear section offers a smaller living area with TV, kitchen with gas stove (no dishwasher), two bedrooms each with a pyramid bed (double on bottom/twin on top), Daybed in the living area and full Bath with tub/shower and washer/dryer.
Conveniences include two kitchens, dishwasher (in front section), washer/dryer (rear section), 2 microwaves, wireless internet access, 3 intelligent TVs with Hulu and Netflix, local channels included. 2 DVD players.
Central air conditioning/heat.
The exterior offers two screened porches, an open outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, picnic table and a fish cleaning bench with water. Enclosed rear yard with 4 ft. fencing, ideal for the family pet.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Amiable - Dogs Only. Limit of 4 cars (including covered parking). No Telephone.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
What's New for 2020. Home will be raised roughly 6 feet. The interior will feature a complete remodel including all new appliances, all new furnishings including new linens. An additional Day Bed will be added to the rear building. Central heat/air conditioning everywhere. New floor. There will be 750 sq. ft. of additional decking on the right side of home. New enclosed rear yard with 4 ft. fencing, ideal for the family pet. New outdoor shower and fish bench with water.
Front Building: Open living area with TV, eat-in kitchen and alcove den with Day Bed. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Bath with shower stall.
Front building is connected to the rear building by the huge screened porch.
Rear Building: Open living area with Daybed, TV and eat-in kitchen. Two bedrooms, each with a Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Entry door via living area and access to shared screened porch via one bedroom. Walk-thru bathroom with tub/shower and stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation rental homes supply Ocracoke area printed travel guides which include coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or by a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. Search for these magazines and promotional books, as this allows travelers to experience the very same wonderful activities at a often considerable discounted.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some vacation rental companies provide unique discounts to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to particular visitors, whether it is beachfront units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be surprised at the number and wide variety of weekly properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to locate a property that meets their wishes and spending budget.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you believe "A Ferry Trail Ending: Dog friendly, two wings joined by screened porch" is the best rental home for your next getaway? Read this checklist to ensure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your vacation. Many visitors choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select a Town and Time
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Ocracoke you want to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Most rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stick to a Budget
Most vacation homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your selected stay. It could be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving a pricey rental. In most cases, one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What home features is the family looking for? Do you simply want a vacation home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "necessities and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Do a few people in your group have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. While quite a few vacation homes permit dogs, rules and costs fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and breeds might be limited. Read your agreement carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that better fit your desires and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Read The Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal fee, travelers have to pay state taxes when renting "A Ferry Trail Ending: Dog friendly, two wings joined by screened porch", as well as any other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you find wear and tear, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager right away. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call eliminates many complications.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Many times, neighboring properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you should make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Does everyone want to re-book next year? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental home. If not, you've gained useful experience that can help with the next search.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles