- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyRelish this unique bungalow located on Ocracoke's Back Road. A Ferry Trail Ending is just a brief walk to Silver Lake Harbor, unique stores, galleries and dining.
This bungalow is ideal for modest families or friends. Adore the uniqueness of two separate bungalow wings joined by a sizable screened porch. Each wing offers its own living, dining and kitchen areas, bedrooms and bathroom.
3 Bedrooms and 2 Baths.
The front section of the bungalow offers a sizable open living area with TV and DVD player, entirely supplied kitchen with dishwasher and electric stove, 1 bedroom with Queen bed and TV, and a Daybed in the alcove den. One full Bath with shower. Guests will appreciate the front screened porch. The front section offers central heat and air.
The rear section offers a smaller living area with TV, kitchen with gas stove (no dishwasher), two bedrooms each with a pyramid bed (double on bottom/twin on top), full Bath with tub/shower and washer/dryer. Adore a rear open outdoor space. The rear section offers two window heat/air conditioning units.
Conveniences include two kitchens, dishwasher (in front section), washer/dryer (rear section), 2 microwaves, wireless internet access, 3 satellite TVs and 2 DVD players. Telephone. Central air conditioning/heat in front section and Window Heat/Air in rear section.
The exterior offers two screened porches, open outdoor space, a hot/cold outdoor shower, picnic table and a fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Amicable - Dogs Only. Limit of 4 cars (single lane driveway).
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Front Building: Open living area with TV, eat-in kitchen and alcove den with Day Bed. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Bath with shower stall.
Front building is connected to the rear building by the enormous screened porch.
Rear Building: Open living area with TV and eat-in kitchen. Two bedrooms, each with a Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Entry door via living area and access to shared screened porch via one bedroom. Walk-thru bathroom with tub/shower and stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and vacation rental properties provide Ocracoke area travel discount books that feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or via a relationship between the management company and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to discover those wonderful attractions with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some vacation rental companies offer price reductions to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a special offer.
- Some properties are basically designed to serve particular guests, whether it's oceanside homes with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. If there's a particular Ocracoke atteaction that you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual home owners typically offer their customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover the number of properties are offered in Ocracoke. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property owners typically select management companies to facilitate advertising campaigns, housekeeping services and routine maintenance.
We have developed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
Where to find and book the right rental home:
Do you think "A Ferry Trail Ending: Dog friendly, two wings joined by screened porch" is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. A lot of groups prefer to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Select a Village and Date
Agreement can be challenging among members of the family, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Remember that that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the party. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stick to a Budget
The majority of rentals are marketed with a price range. Confirm the rate for your chosen trip. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a costly rental home. Typically, just one person in the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your group trying to find? Do you only want a property with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Does the unit have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Commonly the elder generation has challenges with stairways. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the crew travelling with a pup? Dog policies are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Examine your contract very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match guests with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering exclusive properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read Through The Contract
Read through the complete contract and be sure you are aware who is liable for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Remember to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required call the property manager right away. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If the property and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did they like the rental home? With some luck everything was fantastic and you are all set to re-book the rental home for next year. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles