- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyRetreat to Wild Peony's porch or rooftop outdoor space for ideal vistas of the salt marsh. Take in the amazing sound, marsh and distant sea vistas from the ever acclaimed rooftop outdoor space! Unwind and read a good rent in one of the Adirondack chairs on the restfully decorated screened porch, or take a nap under the trees in the appealing hammock!
Appreciate a view of the Ocracoke Lighthouse through a huge picture window. Your holiday setting is enhanced by the reverse floor plan of this Ocracoke Island holiday home located in Widgeon Woods.
Wild Peony offers a private outdoor space off each bedroom and a rooftop outdoor space with expansive vistas. Located in a very peaceful, cloistered part of Ocracoke, Wild Peony is a great hideaway from everyday life. The Ocracoke Lighthouse, Springer's Point Nature Preserve and Silver Lake Harbor are a nice walk from your holiday bungalow.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: First Floor: 1 with Queen, 1 with 2 Twin beds. Full bath (shower only) and half bath. Second Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen and private bath (shower only). All baths with showers only, no bathtubs.
Conveniences include, central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, DVD player and surround sound audio system. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer. No Fireplace.
The exterior offers a screened porch, decks, rooftop outdoor space, outdoor space swing, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Non-working Fireplace. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with two Twin beds and TV. Shared full bathroom with shower stall. Hallway half bath.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Master Bedroom with Queen and bathroom with shower stall.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus supply promotional travel guide books with special packages for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. Search for these books and discount books, because this allows vacationers to experience the very same wonderful attractions with a generally considerable discounted.
- Can you alter your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer fantastic rates on rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for cost savings. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some rentals are basically designed to serve particular guests, whether it's beachfront rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home which most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed due to personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide range of weekly properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, clients are certain to find a rental that matches their expectations and spending budget.
The vast majority of rental properties in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and methods to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the right vacation home:
Do you believe " Wild Peony: Incredible views from the ever popular rooftop deck!" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming getaway? Read through this check list to make sure it fits your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many desirable hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Choose a Community and Time
Quite often, the hardest part of scheduling your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be simpler.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
How many relatives are joining your trip? Keep in mind that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Check to make sure " Wild Peony: Incredible views from the ever popular rooftop deck!" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. One member of your company needs to be given the task of getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What property features is your family interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with outside kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards available for use during your stay? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Issues to consider
Optimal access can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the gang travelling with a furry friend? Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Study your contract carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are included.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies generally have an exclusive collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company might know of similar homes that better fit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Agreement
Read through the whole agreement and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear soon after you arrive. If you discover problems, or if repairs are needed contact the property manager straight away.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call prevents many hassles.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents most likely live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little bit. Regardless of whether you're paying a house cleaning fee, The rental home should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks filled with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many rental home sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for positive critiques. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Did they feel about the vacation rental? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental home. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience to aid with your next search.
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.2 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles