- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyRetreat to Wild Peony's porch or rooftop outdoor space for Striking vistas of the salt marsh. Take in the magnificant sound, marsh and distant sea vistas from the ever famed rooftop outdoor space! Unwind and read a good rent in one of the Adirondack chairs on the pleasantly decorated screened porch, or take a nap under the trees in the appealing hammock!
Adore a view of the Ocracoke Lighthouse through a huge picture window. Your holiday setting is enhanced by the reverse floor plan of this Ocracoke Island holiday home located in Widgeon Woods.
Wild Peony offers a private outdoor space off each bedroom and a rooftop outdoor space with expansive vistas. Located in a very peaceful, cloistered part of Ocracoke, Wild Peony is a great hideaway from everyday life. The Ocracoke Lighthouse, Springer's Point Nature Preserve and Silver Lake Harbor are a nice walk from your holiday bungalow.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: First Floor: 1 with Queen, 1 with 2 Twin beds. Full bath (shower only) and half bath. Second Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen and private bath (shower only). All baths with showers only, no bathtubs.
Conveniences include, central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, DVD player and surround sound audio system. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer. No Fireplace.
The exterior offers a screened porch, decks, rooftop outdoor space, outdoor space swing, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Non-working Fireplace. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with two Twin beds and TV. Shared full bathroom with shower stall. Hallway half bath.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Master Bedroom with Queen and bathroom with shower stall.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and vacation homes provide Ocracoke area traveller discount guides that feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or via a relationship between the property manager and the itself. Search for these books and promotional books, since this allows vacationers to take advantage of the same fantastic activities at a frequently substantial discounted.
- In a position to change your trip week? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some management companies offer markdowns to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly anticipating ? You'll receive the most value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Management companies and individual home owners frequently offer their clients the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to discover just how many properties are located in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to come across a property that matches their expectations and spending budget.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting guests with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, and any maintenance problems that may occur.
We've assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and book a great rental home:
Do you think " Wild Peony: Incredible views from the ever popular rooftop deck!" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Start by picking which particular area of Ocracoke you want to visit, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental home
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Be mindful that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
Make sure that " Wild Peony: Incredible views from the ever popular rooftop deck!" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to reserving a pricey vacation property. Most rental contracts require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are bed linens included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Grandparents will thank you for not renting a stairs-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Do not forget to include your companion! Even though a number of rental homes permit canine companions, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
It Is Time to Search
Many internet resources exist to match visitors with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a superior rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the property management company might know of similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-season when many homes sit empty.
Study the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, decks, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental home management companies and rental home sites permit renters to offer feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn and Improve
Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning will be simple. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.2 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.3 miles